Mark 16:15

And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." Mark 16:15

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Creation

While my goal was to blog everyday, and journal everyday, and keep track of every detail throughout the entire trip...that has not happened. So tonight I want to blog about the the beauty and peace I have found in this city. Although some may consider it to be dirty or a rough part of town, I consider myself privileged to be in one of the most beautiful and peaceful places I've ever encountered. My days here start of with the sun shining through my big windows, the birds chirping, and sipping on a freshly brewed cup of coffee. It is so much different, and refreshing I might add, than my life at Evangel. The rush, busyness and stress of school has definitely not accompanied me on this trip. Instead, I usually have my mornings free to spend as much time reading, praying, and journaling as I want. There is no alarm clock to wake me up for 8 am class, but my body wakes itself up early in the morning. The warm weather adds to the peacefulness. I do not mind at all laying on my very own patio, soaking up the rays, listening to worship music. Or when it gets too hot, I can come inside and open up my giant windows, letting the cool breeze and warmth of the sun come in while lying on my bed reading or talking with my incredible roommate. I cannot decide if it is just the warm weather, the fact my schedule isn't packed every second of the day, the fact that I'm away from a world that clogs my head and heart with useless things, or just the fact that I have been spending a lot of time with God lately (or all of the above) - but my life couldn't be better. My prayer is that everyone will experience the fullness of life God has for you like I am now. Some asked me if I was scared before coming over here, and my answer may have been a little different each time but honestly, I knew it was God orchestrating every step of the way so I could come over here, so I didn't have much to be scared about. Now looking back-I would answer, as Tammy my house mother would say, I'd be scared if I didn't come here because it is so evident that God wanted me here. Bangkok is in no ways a "beautiful place" to the outside eye, but God is here, and He is the God of this city. I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment