Mark 16:15

And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." Mark 16:15

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Desire God and you will have desires from God ~Smith Wigglesworth

So today, again, was another beautiful day. The weather, yes hot, but so wonderful. Although I could technically sleep in today, I had lots to do. Started off my morning with a crying baby, so loud and crisp it sounded like it was right outside my door. Then I decided to drag my butt out of bed and hit the pavement around 8:45am. Had a great run, almost 5 and a half miles today. I'm finally working my way back up to where I was before winter hit (and since I don't run on treadmills-winter means I usually don't run). After a great run, I showered quick. I was able to skype my parents, little sis, and best of all my Grandpa Rae and his fiance Giny! It was wonderful to be able to see them. I don't think my grandpa had ever been so excited about technology in his life. He is probably still trying to figure out how he is able to see me when I'm all the way across the world. Anyways, it was wonderful to talk to them for awhile. Then did some homework before skyping with one of my best friends from home. I love being able to share about my trip with people who are genuinely interested, and especially interested in what God is doing in my life. And before I knew it, it was already past noon. With 45 minutes left before we had to leave for the day, I thought it was about time I got dressed and ready for the day. Deanna, a wonderful 6 foot White Thai Missionary, came a picked us up. We went with here to Ramkenhang University. Here we met up with a university student who has recently given her life to Christ. She is such a beautiful person, and has a huge heart. I love Thai people, they have such a fun/sweet spirit and it is obvious they love life. We were able to hang out with her, and I have definitely met a new friend! Today was the first day I got a glimpse of what we would be doing ministry wise while in Bangkok, and I am seriously so excited to get going. The student we met up with is in charge of putting together an English Hour at the University where anyone who wants to come can practice their English. Thai students are required to learn English, and most really want to practice. I never realized what a good way this is for people to connect with Thai people, build relationships with them, and then create a bridge to asking them to come to church with you. It is so cool to see the creativity of God's work. While talking with her, we were able to help two muslim girls practice their English. They can read it very well, but are not very comfortable speaking. While talking with them, we invited them to come next Monday to English hour, where we can practice more. PRAY that they actually follow through and that we will be able to build a relationship with them. PRAY for God to begin His work in their hearts, and that He can use this to plant a seed, and hopefully share the Gospel message with them. God is so good, and is obviously moving in the City of Bangkok. I am constantly reminded in this dark city, that no matter what is going on here - God is still the God of this city, of this nation, and of these people! My prayer is that through seeking God, and giving Him time to move in my life, I will desire Him that much more. And hopefully, my desires will change into godly desires.

1 comment: